Using Neurofeedback is like taking your brain to the gym. This electronic system monitors your brain activity and gives you feedback when there is turbulence. With practice, you can teach your brain to stay conscious and alert, minimizing tension, anxiety and distraction.
This training has deep effect but is non-invasive and outside your conscious awareness. With repeated training sessions, the brain learns to “reset” itself and function more smoothly and effectively.
Many ailments that have been traditionally treated with medications can be treated successfully with neurofeedback. And neurofeedback is a great alternative or adjunct to medications. Successful applications of the Neurofeedback process include:
- Addiction, Substance Abuse
- Attention Deficit Disorder – Attention Deficit Disorder / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Other Focus and Attention Issues
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- “Chemo Brain” (after chemotherapy treatment)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Enhancing Peak Performance Sports or Education